We really love stuffed peppers at our house (although the boy only likes the stuffing part). So I thought I would share my recipe for stuffed peppers. Super easy and they take about 45 minutes. Gotta love that. :)
4 Green Peppers
1 Box Rice A Roni (long grain & wild rice)
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/2 lb ground meat of your choice (browned & drained)
salt & pepper to taste
1 large pot of boiling water
250 preheated oven
1. Brown your ground meat, drain and set to the side. I've used ground turkey, sausage & ground beef - all of them turn out well.
2. Fix the Rice A Roni according to instructions on the box. I only use the long grain & wild rice one with stuffed peppers. This stuff...
4. Trim the tops from your peppers, clean the seeds from the inside and put them in the boiling water for about 5 minutes.
5. Drain the peppers, place them on a cookie sheet, sprinkle a pinch of salt inside each one and place enough parmesan cheese in each one to just cover the bottom.
6. Once the rice is done, add the ground meat and mix it together.
7. Fill the peppers to the top with the rice/meat mixture.
8. Sprinkle a little more parmesan cheese on the top.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes to give the cheese time to melt.
Since the boy doesn't eat these, I usually only make 2 or 3 and freeze the remainder of the rice/meat mixture. It makes for an easy and quick meal later when all I have to do is fill the peppers and bake!