18 April 2012

Pinterest Inspired Projects

I know there has been a bunch of drama around pinterest, but I still like looking at it for inspiration. Some of the ideas on there are phenomenal - and it is cool that I don't have to scour the interwebs for projects individually.

I'm not into the make-up, jewelry, clothing pins... but I'm pretty sure you guys have seen my standard yoga pants & hoodie get up that I lounge into nearly every day. Plus I hate buying clothes, so there is no sense in me 'pinning' anything that would make me miserable trying to find.

However, I LOVE pinning recipes, crafts and stuff for the kids. It never ceases to amaze me how talented some people are. I don't claim any of these projects as my own, but I thought I would share some of the things I've made from inspiration I've found on pinterest. And because I try to give credit where it is due, I've included the links for you to follow if you are so inclined. :)

First up is a hanging hemp ball. Eventually I will turn it into a lamp, but for now it is just a decorative piece for Grayson's room. And just a note - when you can't find the needle to let the air out of the ball, it probably isn't a good idea to take a knife to it while the 3 year old is watching.


Next is a sight word parking lot. I love this one and so does Grayson. Some days I pull it out while I'm cooking dinner and call out words to him. There are so many ways to do this. I actually want to make a new one and add pictures of the words - to give him more recognition of them. Plus I think it might be time for new words.



Next we have the toilet paper holder. The closet in our front bathroom is a distance from the toilet - and you know who always runs out of toilet paper?! Yup, me! If I left extra tp on the cabinet, no doubt a kid would run off with it. I didn't actually pin this one since every link I saw came from etsy, but I did keep the idea in my mind. And it was easy enough to put together. The thing that makes me happiest is that I can just throw it in the washing machine. :)


And of course, I have done multiple recipes...
Here are just a few of our favorites :)

Homemade Taco Seasoning from Smells Like Home
Cinnamon Butter from Fly Through Our Window
Chicken Nuggests from My Name is Snickerdoodle
Taco Stuffed Shells from Pearls, Handcuffs and Happy Hour

I've been determined to try a new recipe every couple weeks, and I've been lucky on most of them I tried. A few we decided weren't worth having again, but for the most part... you pinners are making my life soooooo much easier!

So I challenge you... step away from pinning and actually create something you pinned!

No comments: