06 September 2010

Treasured Scrapbooking Treasured Hunt {Round 2}

I was lucky enough to make it to Round 2 of the Treasured Hunt! The challenge this round was lots of fun. You needed to use a book title, use a particular phrase in your journaling, have at least 3 layers of paper somewhere and use something school related.




Here is my lengthy journaling...

I was diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease somewhere around the age of 20. When the diagnosis finally came in I was convinced I would spend the rest of my life alone. I mean, after all, who would want to love someone with a bag on their side? Luckily, with the help of medication, I have been able to hold off that procedure. I am now a wife and a mother, which is something I was convinced I would never get to do. These two things have been the far most rewarding events in my life thus far, and I am thankful for every minute I get to spend in those roles.

For me, significance has come mostly from being a mom. It has been one of those things that I didn’t know what was missing from life until it was given to me. As a mom, the things I’ve learned about myself never cease to amaze me. The moments when my son says ‘bless you’ after a sneeze, ‘thanks’ when you hand him something or ‘sorry’ when something doesn’t go the right way make it easier to handle the harder moments (like when he is pounding his head on the floor because I told him no).

I can’t say that I am the best of the best at being either a wife or a mother, but I can say that I try to give it my all. Yes because of my disease there are days that we can’t go do something – but hopefully, through time, my son will learn that having a disease does not mean a person cannot continue to live life to the fullest.

Supplies: SEI Bridgeport Bordeaux, Love Elsie Toby Culture, KI Memories Pop Culture Feather Boa, AC Thickers & MiniMarks, Kaiser Pearls, Martha Stewart Glitter, Flowers, Leaves & Butterflies - Prima (I believe), Brad, Hat Pin & Ribbon - Unknown

For my school related item - I made the compass point out of paper and I also have a paper clip near the title.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Wow love the page here, and the journaling is great! You rock girl!