20 July 2010

TS Newsletter Projects (working with sketches)

As a GDT at Treasured Scrapbooking this month I had the pleasure of helping write an article for the newsletter. It's a fab newsletter and filled with inspiration, ideas, tips and just great scrappy knowledge. If you haven't signed up, you should - you can do it on the very bottom of the home page.

Anyway, I decided to do an article about working with sketches and the various ways you can take a sketch and make it your own. I grabbed 3 sketches from the Design Team Sketches folder in the gallery (another great place to visit for inspiration). So I wanted to share what I did.

Here's the first one, a digital page using Momenta freebies. Created from Elizabeth's January sketch.


This next one was inspired by Laurajean's September 09 sketch. It's another digital layout, one with elements I created on the fly to match my photo.


This last one is from Julie's October 09 sketch. It pretty much stayed true to form, but I used ribbons instead of journaling strips. It's a paper layout, if you can't tell. ;)

So head on over to TS and sign up for the newsletter. Check out the sketch gallery for ideas next time you are looking for somewhere to start!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Great pages Kelly!