31 May 2007

5.31 {Solace}

Today's blog challenge at Treasured Scrapbooking is to blog about what gives you solace. So first, I thought I would define it.
Solace : to make cheerful : a source of relief or consolation.

I find solace for my life in nature and in my puppies. My dogs provide a great comfort for me. They are true friends. They know how to give you unconditional love, which is more than most people can do. Using nature as my solace, I love to be outside in beautiful gardens and surrounded by beautiful things. Only God knows how to paint a picture so great.


I'm also doing the blog challenge at 2peas...

What would you do differently if you could go back 5 years from today?

If I went back 5 years ago, I wouldn't force myself to become that highly educated. I have 2 Master's degrees and am currently working on a third. The first two are in business & healthcare administration, which I really thought I would use. Now... I know that was the wrong path for my life and I am destined to be in elementary education.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ah... I remember going to college and thinking of one thing only to realize I needed to go towards another! Good luck with that! And that photo is total peace!!!

Stacey said...

That is so true about dogs and unconditional love! I have 2 and couldn't imagine being without them!

Good luck in your new career choice! It is apparent that you are not a quitter, so I have no doubt that you will excel and be happy in this field!

Terri said...

Gorgeous photo Kelly! Loved your journaling & I agree about puppies/dogs!

The very best of luck with your new career path!!

Rachael said...

Beautiful picture!!

Good luck with your new venture!

toners said...

Good luck with your new direction :) Sometimes it just takes a while to figure it out, right?

Anonymous said...

what a great thing to realize and write. I enjoyed reading your post

Bonita Rose said...

loved reading all your posts! hugs