02 May 2012

finicky baby

Happy Wednesday! I hope you guys know that I love my kids, despite me complaining about them. LOL! But one thing I will say is that my daughter likes things her way and nothing else. Plus she has a mean streak! As soon as she gets mad, everybody around hears about it. So today I'm sharing a layout about that finicky baby. She is cute as a doll (I realize not everyone will agree) and I love her to death - but watch out when she gets mad! Just one of her personality quirks, of which there are a bunch. It is something that I hope she grows out of, but I don't want to forget - so decided to do a page about it.

I used an old Citrus Tree Studio kit for this page. I love that kit and am kinda sad that I'm nearing the end of it. :(  The butterflies were stamped with Versamark and then embossed. I debated layering them, but I think I liked having more of them on the page. I also used a Unity flourish stamp and embossed it in white on black cardstock. I love how that turned out, but I really need to find my heat gun. Right now I'm embossing with a lighter and both Grayson and Jeff thought I was trying to set the house on fire. I think Grayson was actually rooting for it as he kept telling me to get the fire closer to the paper. I even added some hand stitching for fun!



Papers, stickers and journaling block are from KI Memories, the pearl butterfly is from Prima, the flourish stamp from Unity, MM mini alphabet stickers and I believe the embossed cardstock is from Bazzill.

I also realized, after doing this page, that all of my paper pages are looking roughly the same these days. I think that means I need to switch it up and get some creative juices flowing. Hopefully soon I'll have something a bit different to share. :)

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

Such a great page, Kelly! :)
But I know what you mean about switching it up.
I usually do challenges or sketches to break me out it!