12 May 2010

Mother's Day

Since my recliner broke, I was forced to move back to my craft table (probably a good thing since all I've been doing the past 2 days is watching sappy tv and crying). Of course, I can't sit there and NOT do something, so I pulled out my challenge cards and decided to go with Eva's challenge at Treasured Scrapbooking.

It was to use scallops, flowers & birds together on a project. So here's my page, a picture of grayson & I from Mother's Day this past weekend. Not the best picture, but the best one we could get with a 2 year old that didn't want to be still!

I used a soft vintage action to tone down the orange of grayson's shirt. Went with a peach-ish background (I believe DCWV), Bazzill Cardstock, AC Thickers and used the date spot to cut the shape for another flower and twisted ribbon in the center. The other flower was created by simply punching a circle and layering a doodlebug sticker in the center. I used the helmar 450 on the flowers & the gemstone glue to adhere the crystals to the scallops. Added some ribbon for the flower stems, a KaiserCraft pearl for the birds eye and this is what I got...

2 comments:

mustangkayla said...

What a sweet layout! I love that double sided ribbon flower!

Melonie said...

Cute! I love that twisty flower:)